Sunday, September 28, 2008

VEGAS

Mike and Ryan.
The tireless Steve Tilford.
Lance still looks pretty fit, his bike was about the sorriest there though.  If you would like to see how to properly cross pimp your Trek Lance, look at Brian's.  
John, Ed, and Alex.
That's Mike 2nd in followed by Moots, then the white helmet sticking out is Christoph Sauser, world champion.  The race was awesome, great atmosphere, great people, tough racing.  I didn't do the industry race, basically I was waiting for a call on a bike, didn't happen so I figured go with the flow and just support.  The guys working the show are so taxed non stop I didn't feel I was in the position to start calling "where's my bike to ride???"  not cool.  I handed out my share of cash and screamed myself hoarse.  The best part of the night....Mike Sherer gets a call up "number 39 from the Pony Shop in Evanston IL Mike sherer........number 40 from Trek Bicycle Austin Texas Lance Armstrong......   Hell yeah, the p shop and Mike getting the call up before the man.  I thought that was pretty cool, how many of us can say we did a race with lance, much less got the call to the line prior to Lance.