Sunday, October 19, 2008

Chicago Cyclocross Cup #4

A beautiful day out in Carpentersville today, Jeff and Main Street bikes put together a nice course, it was different from 07 in that there were more twists and it looped back on itself more, using less of the park but with the same distance, so it was also better to spectate from with the start finish and registration in the center of the course.  You can see Scotty airing into the sand pit below, Jessica Hill, recent transplant from the DC, and Elite woman crosser, sent me the photo.  

I had a better start and rode in the top 5 for the whole race.  Chris L was super strong again, I had 2nd place until the sand pit where a lapped rider took me into the tape, had to dismount, fix my chain and get going again.  By then the fast charing Matt Silva was on me and gone, couldn't get close with half a lap to go, so I enjoyed the ride and cheered Jim to pass one more rider in front of him, which worked.  I am happy to have 3rd considering how fast guys were coming up from behind when I went down.  Jim, Roman, and Mark all had big improvements over last week, and it was great to have Bryan R out there again after a 2 week hiatus.  He looked a little shell shocked after the race, welcome back!